Articles on this Page
- 11/29/18--10:17: _Re: HP Envy m6 spea...
- 11/29/18--11:48: _How to access audio...
- 11/29/18--16:51: _Buzzing sound from ...
- 11/29/18--16:51: _Re: B&O speakers no...
- 11/29/18--18:18: _Sound test will not...
- 11/29/18--18:38: _Re: Buzzing sound f...
- 11/29/18--21:04: _HP Pavilion DV6-610...
- 11/29/18--21:32: _Re: Buzzing sound f...
- 11/30/18--05:57: _Re: B&O speakers no...
- 11/30/18--06:20: _Re: HP Pavilion DV6...
- 11/30/18--08:39: _Re: Led mute button...
- 11/30/18--09:07: _Re: HP Roar speaker...
- 11/30/18--11:09: _Speakers Cracking/b...
- 11/30/18--12:55: _Re: Internal Mic no...
- 11/30/18--13:20: _Re: 2 seconds delay...
- 11/30/18--13:30: _Re: Spectre x360 - ...
- 11/30/18--16:31: _Re: beats audio pro...
- 11/30/18--18:31: _Windows 10 System S...
- 12/01/18--02:45: _audio problem when ...
- 12/01/18--05:30: _Audio not synchroni...
- 11/29/18--10:17: Re: HP Envy m6 speaker on the fritz
- 11/29/18--11:48: How to access audio speaker that detached
- 11/29/18--16:51: Buzzing sound from speakers when playing Audio
- 11/29/18--16:51: Re: B&O speakers not working
- 11/29/18--18:18: Sound test will not stop - Window 10
- 11/29/18--18:38: Re: Buzzing sound from speakers when playing Audio
- 11/29/18--21:32: Re: Buzzing sound from speakers when playing Audio
- 11/30/18--05:57: Re: B&O speakers not working
- 11/30/18--08:39: Re: Led mute button not working
- 11/30/18--09:07: Re: HP Roar speaker is not working
- 11/30/18--11:09: Speakers Cracking/buzzing
- 11/30/18--12:55: Re: Internal Mic not working poperly
- 11/30/18--13:20: Re: 2 seconds delay before audio starts using earphones
- 11/30/18--18:31: Windows 10 System Sounds- Tinny, no Bass
- 12/01/18--02:45: audio problem when I insert the headphone jack
- 12/01/18--05:30: Audio not synchronized with the video
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I have an Envy laptop and am hearing something loose, sliding around from side to side when I tip the laptop back and forth. I'm thinking the left speaker somehow came loose and started free-floating around in there. I isn't floating now, but I don't have any sound coming from that side at all. I've taken the bottom off of the laptop, but unfortunately, there it doesn't appear that there's easy access to the speaker by removing that bottom panel. suggestions? Are you aware of any YouTube videos on how to access the speakers? when I plug headphones into the jack, the audio is fine.
There's buzzing sounds coming from the speakers when I play music, watch movies, etc. It's not a constant buzz. I understand these are laptop speakers but it's not like it's a crazy chase scene in an action movie or a crescendo of the music peaking. It buzzes at parts when there's two people talking for example. The volume is at a moderate level.
Hey! Thanks for the help, but actually it didin't work.
The central bar is still not working.
I was having problem with no sound. I went through audio trouble shooter it tried to do sound check but I did not hear anything so the next stage was to update driver then reboot. Problem is now I keep hearing sound test it ringing 3 soft tones I dont see an menu that I can select telling it I hear the sound and it continues to play soft tones.
Many of us are having the same problem.
call hp tech support and ask for help. Let us know after your laptop is symptom free for a few days, and the problem is intermittent.
I recently had to do a factory reset on my HP Pavilion DV6-6100 laptop. I am also running Windows 10 on my laptop. One of the things I've discovered was that the Beats Audio was gone from my laptop. I was able to reinstall the drivers/software to bring up the Beats Audio control pannel, however the fn+b keyboard shortcut to turn Beats Audio on and off does not seem to be functioning.
Before, I would do the fn+b and the Beats Audio Symbol would appear in the middle of the screen to indicate if it had been turned on or off... but nothing happens now when I push fn+b.
How do I fix this because currently the sound sucks horribly without the beats audio working.
hahah, I like the confidence of the temporary fix followed by intermittent continuation of the problem, lol.
I'll try calling support.
Thanks for replying. Please try creating a new user account -
1) Tap the Windows icon.
2) Select Settings.
3) Tap Accounts.
4) Select Family & other users.
5) Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6) Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7) Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8) Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9) Tap the Windows icon.
10) Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11) Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.
Keep me posted.
The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this IDT audio driver from a newer model notebook.
Restart the PC after installing the driver.
I see that you were interacting with @Jeet_singh. I'd like to help.
Thanks for the reply.
I appreciate your time and effort.
Good to know that the issue is resolved.
Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.
I understand you have issues connecting your Bluetooth speakers to your PC.
Also, I understand your concern and situation so don't worry I'd like to help you out.
Have you tried connecting the speaker to a different device?
Is the Bluetooth speaker completely charged?
Please share the product number of the speaker to assist you better.
First, Unpair and remove the Bluetooth speakers from your PC and then reconnect the speakers to your PC and check if it helps.
Uninstall the Bluetooth driver from device manager on your PC and install the latest driver using HP support assistant.
Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.
Please try the steps recommended below.
If you have two HP Roar Plus Speakers and a Bluetooth device, you can use True Wireless Stereo (TWS). 1. Power on one of the speakers. 2. Pair the Bluetooth device to this speaker. 3. Power on the second speaker. 4. Press and hold the talk button and the back button on the first speaker to make it the sender. 5. When the first speaker says, “Connect me,” set the second speaker as the receiver by pressing and holding the talk button and the forward button. 6. When the speakers say, “Connected,” they are in stereo mode. It takes about seven seconds for the sender to connect to the receiver. To end stereo mode, turn off the receiver. The next time you turn on the speakers, they will attempt to pair with each other. To disconnect the TWS pairing, turn off the receiver and then press and hold the talk button for six seconds. All previous pairing information is cleared from the speaker.
Refer this article to know more information about setting up Bluetooth speakers. Click Here
Let me know if this works!
I hope you have a great day! :)
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I seem to have the same issues as this user:
And I notice that the cracking does stop when I'm not plugged into the charger.
But I can't see any solution other than HP asking for a private message. Anyone spotted anything else to solve this?
None of the steps has worked.
Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started? NO
Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers? YES, MY DEVICE TELLS ME THIS IS THE MOST UP TO DATE DRIVER FOR THIS DEVICE. FURTHERMORE, WHEN I TRY TO CONFIGURE THE DEVICE, THE BUTTONS ARE GREYED OUT OR UNAVAILABLE TO LET ME DO SO... ANY TROUBLESHOOTING TELLS ME THE DEVICE IS WORKING FINE BUT WHEN I TRY TO SET IT UP IN SETTINGS, THIS IS WHERE I AM NOT ABLE TO BE HEARD. I COPIED AND PASTED DETAILS OF THIS STEP BELOW.
Have you tried to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP support Assistant? YES
Have you tried to connected an headphone with an external Mic and check if that works? BLUTOOTH, YES THAT WORKS
Have you tried to follow the steps suggested from the previous post? If you haven't tried it yet, please follow the steps and get back to us with the results as this will help me in further assisting you. I HAVE ALSO RESET MY PC AND FOR NOTHING, I AM REALLY DISPLEASED WITH THIS DEVELOPMENT. YOU CLEARLY REALIZE THERE IS AN ISSUE, AND YET YOU HAVE NOT POSTED A FIX/RESOLUTION.
I FOR ONE AM A DIE-HARD CUSTOMER, I ONLY EVER PURCHASE HP PRODUCTS OF ANY SORT AND THIS IS MY 3RD NOTEBOOK AND I DO REALIZE BUGS WILL ARISE, BUT PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND FIGURE THIS OUT WITHOUT CAUSING THE CUSTOMER MORE GRIEF AND AGONY! THE DRIVERS AND SETTINGS WILL NOT RESTORE THE USE OF THIS DEVICE.
Speech Issues found Your microphone might need to be set up Not fixed Set up your microphone Completed Issues found < Your microphone might need to be set up Not fixed Set up your microphone Completed Detection details Collection information Computer Name: DESKTOP-51BKBFR Windows Version: 10.0 Architecture: x64 Time: Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:10:01 PM Publisher details Sound Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound. Package Version: 4.5 Publisher: Microsoft Windows Sound Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound. Package Version: 4.5 Publisher: Microsoft Windows Hardware and Devices Find and fix problems with devices and hardware. Package Version: 4.1 Publisher: Microsoft Windows Speech Get your microphone ready and fix problems that may prevent Windows from hearing you Package Version: 2.1 Publisher: Microsoft Windows Speech Get your microphone ready and fix problems that may prevent Windows from hearing you Package Version: 2.1 Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
same problem 2 seconds delay, notebook 15 dc-nc. HP does not solve it.
...but, now the left speaker is not nearly as loud as the right one now. no way to adjust. no GUI. help!!
AND, i remembered the IDT folder on my C: drive. yay!! i figured, "great, reinstall the orignal"--alas, whilst attempting the setup, received 'unknown error".
this is ludicrous--and, please, the last thing i need to hear is "reinstall the OS"--like MS tells me whenever they don't have an answer for something...
desperate here. none of the solutions that worked for everyone else have worked for me--and i am weary...
New HP Envy Laptop (17-bw0)- Windows chimes/ jingles that are activated by events in windows are very tinny with no bass. Music CDs and YouTube video audio sound is OK. Tried updating and rolling back Realtek Audio driver under Sound, Video, and game controllers. Tried changing all settings that I could find. Nothing made a difference. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.
Hi, when I insert the headphones, the sound is reproduced both in the headphones and in the audio speakers of the pc. But if you connect the headphones with bluetooth, this problem does not exist. What may be due? Do you need to change the settings of something? Or can it be a defect in the jack entrance?
Months ago I encoutnered an issue with the audio not synchronized with the video on: ANY browser, Netflix and a normal video. I tried to contact the HP 4 months before my warranty ended but they NEVER answered me on the chat, this made me very disappointed. I would like to ask to the community, who may have more knowledge in IT, is there a way to fix this issue?
I would appreciate your help.
System name: OMEN by HP - 17-w200na
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeFOrce GTX 1070
RAM: 8 GB
BIOS Mode: UEFI
BIOS Version/Date: Insyde F.48, 22/06/2018
SMBIOS Version: 2.8