Articles on this Page
- 12/05/18--10:06: _Re: Realtek Driver ...
- 12/05/18--12:25: _Re: Sound comes tro...
- 12/05/18--15:21: _Re: Internal Mic no...
- 12/05/18--16:34: _Re: HP Spectre mute...
- 12/05/18--17:47: _Re: Windows 10 IDT ...
- 12/05/18--19:29: _Re: Can't output my...
- 12/06/18--00:58: _Re: Sound comes tro...
- 12/06/18--03:21: _Re: Laptop making n...
- 12/06/18--05:03: _Enhancements tab hi...
- 12/06/18--05:42: _Re: Elitebook micro...
- 12/06/18--08:53: _My Envy laptop has ...
- 12/06/18--10:30: _Re: Laptop making n...
- 12/06/18--12:11: _Re: Unable to plug ...
- 12/06/18--12:51: _Re: Disable Bang an...
- 12/06/18--20:21: _Re: Internal Mic no...
- 12/06/18--22:56: _No Audio out on USB...
- 12/07/18--00:28: _Speaker volume is l...
- 12/07/18--00:30: _Re: Unable to plug ...
- 12/07/18--01:38: _Re: No Audio out on...
- 12/07/18--02:18: _down speaker
- 12/05/18--10:06: Re: Realtek Driver 22.214.171.12444
- 12/05/18--12:25: Re: Sound comes trough headset and speakers
- 12/05/18--15:21: Re: Internal Mic not working poperly
- 12/05/18--16:34: Re: HP Spectre mute button is stuck off, no sound
- 12/05/18--17:47: Re: Windows 10 IDT Audio Driver for HP Pavilion m4
- 12/05/18--19:29: Re: Can't output my audio through HDMI to TV
- 12/06/18--00:58: Re: Sound comes trough headset and speakers
- 12/06/18--03:21: Re: Laptop making noise when power cord plugged in
- 12/06/18--05:03: Enhancements tab hidden
- 12/06/18--05:42: Re: Elitebook microphone port not working when docked
- 12/06/18--08:53: My Envy laptop has no sound. I Envy people with a laptop that works.
- 12/06/18--10:30: Re: Laptop making noise when power cord plugged in
- 12/06/18--12:11: Re: Unable to plug in earpiece/earphone
- When was the last time you used the headphone port?
- What is the operating system you are using?
- 12/06/18--12:51: Re: Disable Bang and Olufsen Audio control
- 12/06/18--20:21: Re: Internal Mic not working poperly
- 12/06/18--22:56: No Audio out on USB-C port on HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
- 12/07/18--00:30: Re: Unable to plug in earpiece/earphone
- 12/07/18--01:38: Re: No Audio out on USB-C port on HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
- 12/07/18--02:18: down speaker
Just adding to the post. This was a driver update separate from regular Windows updates (which of course I'm not allowed to delete). Tried the whole uninstall, reinstall - it's a drag with these new computers. And of course it won't roll back. Can anyone recommend an older version?
I just tried both. The first one diddend work.
The second one: my sound does work trough both. And that is just te problem.
I think I'll just go back to te store, because my notebook is still on waranty.
Welcome to HP forums, I see that internal Mic is not working properly.
It looks like a hardware issue.
However, update the BIOS and check
Refer this HP document for the steps to update the BIOS:- Click here
If the issue persists, I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Is the Button physically stuck?
If the button is physically stuck please follow the instructions I sent in the private message
If the button is not physically stuck, try updating the audio driver from device manager and the BIOS
- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Input & Output and expand the List
- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
Also update the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I've tried the driver from you link. Seems like it's still not quite working.
Driver can't auto detect when im plugging in earphone. I have to toggle the audio out myself.
This issue doesn't happen when i uninstalled idt driver and just use window's default audio driver. But then the laptop speaker volume becomes very low without idt :(
Can anyone please help me?....
Thanks for replying. I have sent you a Private Message with the troubleshooting steps specific to your printer.
Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.
Have a great day!
I bought the hp Envy notebook Series CND5262JJ4 for €1499,00.
I felt I was buying quality. I love music so the Bang & Olufsen sound system was a draw, though, I must say I never heard much difference in what it provided. Three years later I'm told it needs a new motherboard and speaker...
I use my laptop only at my desk. It never travels, never gets jostled or tossed about. It sits on my desk on a large round cork pad to help ensure air circulation. I do not use it for any intensive video gaming, which I mention due to the display driver issues.
It lasted nearly 3 years but then started with the clicking noise, which, after 2 days of checking drivers...discovered it stopped when removing the ac power cord. I tried all on-line suggestions, different outlet, different building, different cord... finally took it to big media retail chain where purchased, Media Markt, and their authorised PC Repair said it needed a new motherboard and speaker, for €400!
Twice back to repair, the 2nd time they could not replicate the problem...3 months now of BS, freezing, clicking, blue screens of Internal Video error and Watchdog... me re-setting Windows OS 10 twice.... horrendous
Windows Audio Devce Graph Isolation has been taking way to much of the CPU (up to 40%) making the computer run hot and the fans to turn on.
There is a known fix to disable audio enhancements, but the enhancements tab in the sound settings is hidden so I can't try that. I have tried switching from the Realtek high definition audio to High definition audio device like the solution in this thread ( https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/How-to-disable-Bang-amp-Olufsen-horrible-audio-correction/td-p/5294181 ) but when I try to install the high definition audio device it shows no compatible drivers.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
I'm on Windows 7 on a HP ProBook 640 G2 and I'm having the exact same problem. Did you manage to fix this? Can someone at HP give a solution? There are multiple posts on this forum about this and the question remains unanswered.
Envy used to play sound.
Envy doesn't play sound.
Envy thinks it plays sound.
Its only a week old.
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
Welcome to the HP Forums!
It is a great way to engage, post questions and find resolutions by working with specialists in the HP community.
I’d love to help!
In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.
While you respond to that, I recommend you check whether any is stuck inside the port. Also, try using a different headphone and check if it works.
Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution.Your feedback counts!
Edit: The app reinstalled itself again somehow so I definitely recommend Tonka's way and just disable it.
So my laptop just decided the right speaker should be quieter, I've only had it 2 weeks and have disabled most of the bloatware that comes with it, however thanks to you @TonkaNL I now know what "RTHDVCPL" is.
I used a program called "Decrapifier" to get rid of alot of things but did not know the name of that program so didnt touch it, from your help however I managed to remove it now and it seems to have worked for me and my speakers are normal again. So if future people dont want to do that method this one also works.
Thank you very much and hopefully my laptop will have no more problems.
(I have some previous trust issues from two HP laptops that went bad on me but I really wanted the HP envy x360 so giving it another go and just hoping that this one behaves.)
thanks for your reply! Unfortunately the BIOS update did not help to solve the problem.
I am using HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx with a usb-C port. I'm trying to use a usb c headphone on the same. but there is no audio output from the port. the notebook speaker plays the audio.
Is the USBC Port on my machine capable of outputting audio? If yes, then how?
In my notebook 15-bs658tx, i have installed Windows 8 OS and Realtek audio drivers. but sound is still less.
when I trouble shooting wih HP support Assistance it's shows everthing is okay, but still sound pitch was very low.
I suspects the problem with speakers, can any one help me on this what could be the problem other than speakers.
Thanks in advance.
The last time I've used the headphone port is about a month ago. Currently on HP Omen - 150ce025tx (Windows 10) if thats what you meant. I've tried shining a torchlight into the port, it does not seem like there's any obstacle.
The USB-C port is capable of outputting audio. However, do the headphones you are using come with any drivers? When you plug them in do you here the sound that something has been plugged in. There are a lot of incompatibility issues with headphones and USB-C. What brand of heasdphones are your using?
Let me know,
hello. i have a dv6 7204 labtop.
when i upgrade from 8.1 to win10 i lost the sound from the down speaker. does anyone find a soloution for this problem as i tried many ones.
thnk you all