- RSS Channel Showcase 3750791
- RSS Channel Showcase 6529859
- RSS Channel Showcase 5689076
- RSS Channel Showcase 4099206
Articles on this Page
- 11/20/16--14:26: _Re: Static/Crackle ...
- 11/20/16--14:39: _Re: Unknown device/...
- 11/20/16--14:58: _Re: Bluetooth speak...
- 11/20/16--15:06: _Re: Static/Crackle ...
- 11/20/16--15:10: _Re: Static/Crackle ...
- 11/20/16--15:13: _Re: Volume always a...
- 11/20/16--15:58: _Re: Unknown device/...
- 11/21/16--01:20: _No bass boost optio...
- 11/21/16--04:04: _Re: The camera
- 11/21/16--04:04: _Reinstalling Beats ...
- 11/21/16--04:08: _Re: Reinstalling Be...
- 11/21/16--05:59: _Re: HDMI Audio Issue
- 11/21/16--06:12: _Re: HDMI Audio Issue
- 11/21/16--06:35: _No audio for HP Spe...
- 11/21/16--06:51: _Re: Cannot set "ton...
- 11/21/16--09:14: _disassemble hp s6000
- 11/21/16--09:22: _Problems with the s...
- 11/21/16--09:40: _Audio icon remains ...
- 11/21/16--10:54: _Re: Audio Decreases...
- 11/21/16--11:12: _Re: Strange Sound I...
- 11/20/16--14:26: Re: Static/Crackle from speaker/headphones.
- 11/20/16--14:39: Re: Unknown device/hdmi to TV issue
- 11/20/16--14:58: Re: Bluetooth speakers won't work with HP laptop
- 11/20/16--15:06: Re: Static/Crackle from speaker/headphones.
- 11/20/16--15:10: Re: Static/Crackle from speaker/headphones.
- 11/20/16--15:13: Re: Volume always at maximum
- 11/20/16--15:58: Re: Unknown device/hdmi to TV issue
- 11/21/16--01:20: No bass boost option on EliteBook 840 G3
- 11/21/16--04:04: Re: The camera
- 11/21/16--04:04: Reinstalling Beats Audio After Clean Install of Windows 10
- 11/21/16--04:08: Re: Reinstalling Beats Audio After Clean Install of Windows 10
- 11/21/16--05:59: Re: HDMI Audio Issue
- 11/21/16--06:12: Re: HDMI Audio Issue
- 11/21/16--06:35: No audio for HP Spectre x360 - 13t-
- 11/21/16--06:51: Re: Cannot set "tone controls"
Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed. Click Component Tests.
- 11/21/16--09:14: disassemble hp s6000
- 11/21/16--09:22: Problems with the speakers
- 11/21/16--10:54: Re: Audio Decreases on its own
- 11/21/16--11:12: Re: Strange Sound Issue
You are welcome. I must say that technical solutions can only be provided but it was you who implemented them to perfection.
To ensure the issue does not arise, please try to keep the audio drivers up to date. If any driver updates are released they can be found at www.hp.com/drivers. Cheers!
OK the drivers you sent corrected the unknown device issue Thank you for that. However, I still have no sound to television. I guess the two issues weren't related. In reguards to the previous post, I have an RCA (brand name) TV. I have connected the HDMI cable from the laptop directly to the HDMI input behind the TV. No adapter was used. As I stated the video is perfect I just can't get sound to the tele. Thx again.
I had the same problem with a Bluetooth dome speaker I was trying to connect to my HP Elitebook 8440p. I went into device manager and tried updating software, but still no joy. Then when I went into "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" and clicked on properties, clicked on Driver, I saw "no driver is installed or needed for this Device. So I left that alone and still in Device Manager went to Bluetooth Radios and made sure that "Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator". They were not on my Laptop so I just right clicked on "Bluetooth Radios" and clicked enable,
Next I opened Bluetooth Devices, my bluetooth speaker was there not working and I removed it, Rebooted laptop.
Next I turned on my Bluetooth Speaker, opened Bluetooth Devices on Laptop, clicked add a device. My Speaker shows up.
Now I click on Speaker and click Connect. Wait for any Drivers thats needed to be installed. Then I turned on my music player and the Speaker is working.
This worked for me, If if helps someone that would be great.
K thank you 😊
You are welcome. Take care!
Welcome to HP Forums
Thanks for the post.
I understand that you are facing an issue with the volume button/settings on the computer automatically changing. I would like to help you.
Firstly, I recommend you to do a hard reset on the computer. Disconnect any external devices connected, have only the adapter connected.
Turn the computer ON, keep tapping the ESC key on the keyboard during startup.
This should boot the computer to a startup menu.
Press F2 for system diagnostics, on the diagnostics screen, do a system test and under component test please perform an audio test and keyboard test. Refer to this article for assistance.
If all the test pass, restart the computer and once the computer reaches the desktop, please run HP Support Assistant and check and install the updates.
On HP Support Assistant as well, you have a diagnostics option, using which you can run a diagnostics for audio. Refer to this article for using HPSA.
If the issue persists, please contact our phone support at www.hp.com/contacthp for the service options.
Let me know if the helps, or reply for further assistance.
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
You're very welcome.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what you can do about the audio out of the HDMI port not working if you already tried the ATI HDMI audio driver from the realtek website.
I am using the HP EliteBook 840 G3 notebook with Win10 64-bit. I have the latest Conexant Audio drive, 18.104.22.168.
For some reason, the enhancements options, such as Bass Boost, are not available in the enhancements tab.
I used to have the Bass Boost and other options available with previous Operating systems and notebook brands/vendors and only this has issues.
Could you please guide or provide an explanation on why this option is missing?
Due to missing the Bass Boost audio enhancement option, the sound quality is bad, flat and very bright without depth.
Looking forward to receiving your feedback and hopefully a resolution.
i can't install drivers for camera
beatsaudio disappear after install windows 10 with latest windows updates . Model : hp envy 15-j011dx is there any solution ?? Thank You
Try installing the IDT software package on the link below - this should also provide the Beats gui.
IT works now! Thanks for your help
You're very welcome.
i have a yellow exclamation point next to my Realek HW audio codec. I tried rolling back the driver to 6.3.9600.119 but still no sound I tried downloading driver from HP support but was stuck in endless loop of uninstall old driver and reboot and then stiil got same dialog popup of a "two part process." i still have no sound via speakers or headphones. I did not recently install any new software.
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I understand from your post that you have an HP Envy 17 Notebook PC with Windows 10. The sound doesn't seem to be good when you connect external speakers and also the tone controls cannot be adjusted. and apply button is grayed out. I appreciate the research you have done and have certainly done a good job. I'd like to further help you with this case.
Try using another set of speakers, or a pair of headphones, with your computer. If the second set of speakers or headphones produces sound without problems, the first set of speakers is faulty. If the same audio problems are present in both pairs of speakers or headphones, continue to the next step.
1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers.
4. Click properties.
5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart the Notebook and test the sound.
You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows. Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed. Please try a Microsoft fix for Windows 10, that might help.
Finally you may use the following steps to run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) Audio Test. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete for each audio output port.
Figure: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu
4. The Component Tests menu displays. Click Audio.
Figure: Component Test menu with Audio selected
5. Click Run once to start the test.
Figure: Audio Playback Test
6. Select Speaker to begin the test.
Figure: Testing the Speaker
7. During the test, a few music notes will be played in sequence and repeatedly. Listen carefully and select the number of notes you hear in the sequence. If you enter a tone number incorrectly, run the test again. If you hear nothing, select No sound.
NOTE: Some HP models have a Volume control in the test window. Make sure you increase the volume level before making a music tone selection.
Figure: Entering the number of notes
8. When the Audio Test is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
If the audio test passes, return to the Main menu to exit and restart the computer.
If the audio fails the tests, a failure ID will be provided. Write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in the Test Logs, on the Diagnostics UEFI main page.
Figure: Audio test results
Let me know ho it goes. Good luck!
Hi everyone. I only want to know how i can disassemble my hp s6000. I saw a little lever in the back, but i don't know how to use it.
Someone can help me, also with an explaining video?
Thanks in advance
I have been using this laptop for around 5 months. In the last couple of months the speakers go very distorted. This usually happens after something has been paused, or when a new song starts or a new episode plays. The speakers sound muffled when certian tones are played through them. When listening through earphones there are no issues.
I hope this makes sense!!
I tried everything
nope its not working tried what u said
I am glad to know that you posted your question in HP Support Forums Community. I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you have an Omen 15 F2T47EA laptop and hear some weird sound initially and then the sound is too low that you can't hear it until a new sound starts. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you performed and have certainly done a great job.
I recommend you to download and run the following audio driver updates:
For abnormal sound: http://hp.care/2fkJd9M
For low volume: http://hp.care/2fkLzpf
After you have installed the driver updates, please restart your laptop and check the performance. I am always here to support. Do let me know what happened.