Articles on this Page
- 10/20/18--17:12: _No Audio on HP Pavi...
- 10/20/18--17:23: _Re: internal mic
- 10/20/18--17:26: _There is a sharp be...
- 10/20/18--17:38: _Re: No Audio on HP ...
- 10/20/18--20:11: _Re: Pavilion x360 n...
- 10/20/18--20:28: _Re: Pavilion x360 n...
- 10/20/18--20:29: _Re: Pavilion x360 n...
- 10/20/18--21:40: _Re: Audio Service i...
- 10/20/18--22:49: _Re: My speakrs show...
- 10/21/18--00:23: _Re: Pavillion X360 ...
- 10/21/18--01:09: _Re: After update no...
- 10/21/18--02:38: _audio test failure
- 10/21/18--03:28: _Re: audio test failure
- 10/21/18--05:34: _Dolby driver for Pr...
- 10/21/18--05:56: _Re: Dolby driver fo...
- 10/21/18--06:19: _HP Pavilion cd0055t...
- 10/21/18--06:24: _Re: HP Pavilion cd0...
- 10/21/18--08:10: _Re: Dolby driver fo...
- 10/21/18--09:33: _External microphone...
- 10/21/18--09:37: _Re: Dolby driver fo...
- 10/20/18--17:12: No Audio on HP Pavillion 360
- 10/20/18--17:23: Re: internal mic
- 10/20/18--17:38: Re: No Audio on HP Pavillion 360
- 10/20/18--20:11: Re: Pavilion x360 no audio
- 10/20/18--20:28: Re: Pavilion x360 no audio
- 10/20/18--20:29: Re: Pavilion x360 no audio
- 10/20/18--21:40: Re: Audio Service is not running
- 10/20/18--22:49: Re: My speakrs showing work and no sound!
- 10/21/18--00:23: Re: Pavillion X360 audio dead
- 10/21/18--01:09: Re: After update not detecting connected headphones
- 10/21/18--02:38: audio test failure
- 10/21/18--03:28: Re: audio test failure
- 10/21/18--05:34: Dolby driver for Probook 4530s
- 10/21/18--05:56: Re: Dolby driver for Probook 4530s
- 10/21/18--06:19: HP Pavilion cd0055tx - Speakers and Audio Not Working.
- 10/21/18--06:24: Re: HP Pavilion cd0055tx - Speakers and Audio Not Working.
- 10/21/18--08:10: Re: Dolby driver for Probook 4530s
- 10/21/18--09:33: External microphone not being recognized on laptop
- 10/21/18--09:37: Re: Dolby driver for Probook 4530s
The audio on my HP Pavillion x360 has suddenly stopped working. It was fine two days ago and now nothing. Is anyone else having this problem? Was there an update that could have caused this? Any feedback or information will be helpful. Thanks.
Have you tried with an external microphone to check the difference?
If the issue is only with the internal Microphone, please follow the instructions in the private message to contact our Phone Support
There is a sharp beep coming from inside the laptop when the volume is raised
Yes there was an update that messed up the audio on many new model notebooks.
You can see this link for more info...
Or this one...
I’m having this same issue.. Were you able to find a solution for your laptop?
I tried that and it didn’t work. But then later I uninstalled the audio output drivers at ‘device manager’ then I unpaired from all Bluetooth audio devices that I had paired (although they were not connected at the time), then I restarted the computer. It worked after I did that. Ofcourse the audio drivers were reinstalled upon restarting. About the Bluetooth devices, I don’t know how any of them affected my audio, I was just trying out whether unpairing would help.
i can't found the phone number to hp support , also iam from egypt
Thanks, but it doesn't work as I have no SST driver.
Anyhow, I installed Realtek driver from here:
and that eanbled at least my headphones with Realtek driver, but speakers are dead.
Seems like a hardware failure (although device is one 2 months old)...raising warranty claim to HP.
This helped me, but now when I mute speakers the control diode isn't working, so I will wait for update for Intel drivers and i will install them back.
audio test log faiure on hp pc diagnostic
I am unable to identfy your notebook with the informtion you have provided. Take a look on the boottom of the notebook for the ProdID in the tiny print and post it here.
Is yor notebook still in the one year free warranty period? Use the followng link to validate your warranty.
I update my Probook 4530s having windows 10 ( 64 bit ) to latest update of windows 10. But after update, I am feeling sound volume has lower significantly. Currently at 100 % volume; sound feels average. More over, I though when I had windows 7, I had dolby audio as well. So my question is ..from where can I download Dolby audio driver for my probook ( windows 10 - 64 bit )
Thanks in advance.
Try the IDT HD Audio Software package below – this should also provide the Dolby gui.
When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.
My speakers & audio jack is not working. Failed the hardware test. My laptop is less than 2 months old.
Cannot find a solution. Tried updating drivers aswell. Nothing's working.
See if the info at these links are of help to you...
Thanks David for quick response. But it didn't go well with installation. At half stage of installation; it gave error of not supported hardware. And audio muted totally.
Any others suggestion?
Basically, I bought a gaming microphone headset off Amazon a couple of weeks ago. I bought it partly so I could chat to my friends when I play on my PlayStation, but I also planned on using it to contact family via Skype. The headset does work on laptops and PC's as well. I have used it on my brother's laptop, which is also a HP laptop, and the microphone worked fine.
When I plug the headset in to the headphone jack, a pop up comes up informing me that I have plugged a device into my audio jack. However, when I go to the Control Panel and Sound Settings to configure and set up the headphone, my headset does not show up. I do not know why this.
I have searched all over the internet to no avail. I was just wondering why this is. I am sure there is a simple and obvious solution to this, but unfortunately I am not very good with technology and cannot see it. Hopefully one of you will be able to help me. Any information or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. If there is any other information you need, let me know. Thank you.
Try the ealier version of the IDT software package on the link below.
If the installation completes successfully, restart the notebook.