Articles on this Page
- 10/21/18--22:07: _Re: Notebook No Audio
- 10/21/18--22:33: _Sound through both ...
- 10/22/18--04:26: _No Audio Output, Al...
- 10/22/18--04:32: _Re: No Audio Output...
- 10/22/18--07:29: _Audio Input on HP M...
- 10/22/18--09:10: _Audio gone HP Pavi...
- 10/22/18--09:41: _Speakers are not wo...
- 10/22/18--09:51: _Re: Speakers are no...
- 10/22/18--10:16: _Re: Random Loud Hig...
- 10/22/18--11:54: _Re: Sound Not Worki...
- 10/22/18--12:02: _No Audio after upda...
- 10/22/18--12:05: _When I try to adjus...
- 10/22/18--12:40: _Re: When I try to a...
- 10/22/18--12:49: _Re: Sounds sounds f...
- 10/22/18--13:19: _Re: Audio Input on ...
- 10/22/18--15:45: _I don't have any so...
- 10/22/18--16:00: _Re: I don't have an...
- 10/22/18--16:17: _Re: Spectre x360 te...
- 10/22/18--19:12: _HP Probook audio is...
- 10/22/18--19:27: _Re: HP Probook audi...
- 10/21/18--22:07: Re: Notebook No Audio
- 10/21/18--22:33: Sound through both internal and external speakers
- 10/22/18--04:26: No Audio Output, All Diagnostics Show Speakers Operating Normally
- 10/22/18--07:29: Audio Input on HP Model # 15-1271wm
- 10/22/18--09:41: Speakers are not working suddenly
- 10/22/18--09:51: Re: Speakers are not working suddenly
- 10/22/18--10:16: Re: Random Loud High Pitched Noise
- 10/22/18--11:54: Re: Sound Not Working on HP-Envy x360
- 10/22/18--12:02: No Audio after update - even after fixes
- 10/22/18--12:05: When I try to adjust volume it does nothing, same level all the time
- 10/22/18--12:49: Re: Sounds sounds flat with headphones. No Bass
- 10/22/18--13:19: Re: Audio Input on HP Model # 15-1271wm
- 10/22/18--15:45: I don't have any sound from my laptop
- 10/22/18--16:00: Re: I don't have any sound from my laptop
- 10/22/18--16:17: Re: Spectre x360 terrible audio quality
- Provide the product number of the notebook or complete model number.
- When did the issue start?
- Did you run any test on the Audio devices?
- 10/22/18--19:12: HP Probook audio issues
- 10/22/18--19:27: Re: HP Probook audio issues
Yes just tried this one and it did not work either. I was hoping I could roll back the friver but the option was greyed out.
So on my HP notebook I am running windows 10. I want to say this issue started right after I did the latest update. The problem is that when I plug in my headphones I get sound through both devices t the same time. If I go into my sound setting no external options are available. I can not get it to recognize any external device or stop playing sound through both.
I Arrived at work this morning and went to turn on some music to start my day, and was surprised to find no output. I figured, just an issue with the spotify app, so I restarted the PC. Came back up, tried again, no dice. I tried another application, also no Audio. Must be a problem with the PC. I have searched and found a few other users with similar issues and no fix found yet. This is strange because when I left on Friday and left my PC sleeping, everything was working fine. No updates should have occured while the PC was asleep over the weekend. This is a bit concerning because the PC is less than one month old. I really hope it is just a minor software issue that can be fixed over an update!
I have tried reinstalling driver software throught the windows audio trouble shooting wizard and manually through the device manager, with neither having any effect. Everything the computer is indicating shows no problems with anything. There is no message stating no audio device installed, no red X over the speaker. Just won't play. Latest windows update was on 9/28/2018 and it is showing version 1803.
After my original post, I ran the windows audio trouble shooter one more time just for giggles and suddenly everything is working fine. I was going to delete the post, but maybe someone will find it useful. This was the third time I had run the trouble shooter, and after the second time I chose not to restart the PC, and it started working. Not sure what the special sauce was there, but glad it is working.
I am attempting to help a client with an issue of taking sound from a sound board and have it be input into the computer for recording and broadcasting purposes. I want to take an auxillary cable (red and white) on one end in the sound board, to the single headphone 3.5mm jack to plug into the computer into the headphone jack. The problem is I do not know if the hardware capabilities of the HP Model # 15-1271wm will allow for an audio line in into the headphone jack. I have searched the internet but can't seem to find an answer. Can anyone here help?
Hi _ audio went spontaneously 2/7 ago. Lapt op is new as of a month.
Followed all HP support instructions includeing install and re-install REaltek drivers and re-start etc.
Stopped when I was asked to do a re-set as I couldn't hear the sound on the HP support video !
from past two days suddenly my notebook speakers & and i am unable to connect my headset also
can any one one fixing my problem?
See if the info at these links are of help to you...
I have the same problem with my new hp spectre
Welcome to the HP Forums :) I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the sound not coming from your internal speakers. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?
Did it happen after a recent windows update?
Have you tried to update the Windows?
Let's start off by uninstalling the audio drivers on your PC from device manager:
Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.
Then check the box delete the software for this device.
Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP support website using this link.
Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.
Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.
Once done, restart the computer and then check.
If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to do a reset the PC - HP PCs - Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Eagerly waiting for your response!
that said, If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Has anyone not had success with the Microsof fix or the other fix where you uninstall the parent device? My sound is still not working after trying several fixes and re-boots. Any advice? Same issue of sound not working after the Microsoft update earlier this month.
No error messages, Windows 10 is up to date.
That probably due to Windows updates. Re-install driver should help. Please try
(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.
Hello. I have the same issue, tried following the guide, but my question is - how do I install the device then? The guide tells only how to uninstall it. Thanks!
Is it an HP 15-1271wm or 15-f271wm ? The headphones and microphone combo jack won't work as line-in. Normally it won't support standalone microphone.
Option: USB sound card with line-in will work.
My laptop was working fine about a week ago, I haven't used it since, but now theres no audio coming from it. I checked that nothing was muted, I restarted the laptop twice, I did a hard shutdown, and still nothing. I'm not really sure what's wrong with it. I thought to try to put headphones in to see if it was just the speaker, but no audio is coming in the headphones either.
Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting the audio issue on your notebook.
However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,
my user with this laptop often encounter issues with the conexant ISST audio.
after reboot or startup, the audio services stopped with the audio icon disabled on the task bar.
need administrator rights to run the troubleshooter to fix the problem.
another thing, user discovered that when he plugs in headphone to the 3.5" audio jack, the laptop can detect headphone connected, but no sound from the headphone.
the moment headphone disconnect, audio appears from the laptop speakers.
is this hardware or software issue.
See if the info at these links are of help to you...