Articles on this Page
- 10/30/18--13:20: _Re: BLUETOOTH CONNE...
- 10/30/18--13:56: _DTS sound+ no stere...
- 10/30/18--14:48: _Re: DTS sound+ no s...
- 10/30/18--16:35: _Re: Static/Cracklin...
- 10/30/18--16:44: _Re: Static/Cracklin...
- 10/30/18--17:05: _Re: DTS sound+ no s...
- 10/30/18--17:51: _No fix audio fault ...
- 10/30/18--18:38: _Re: Static/Cracklin...
- 10/30/18--19:19: _Re: Audio stops wor...
- 10/31/18--01:38: _HP Probook 450 G5 S...
- 10/31/18--02:27: _HP Pavilion x360 so...
- 10/31/18--07:28: _HP webcam external ...
- 10/31/18--09:26: _Re: Static/Cracklin...
- 10/31/18--09:26: _No bass when using ...
- 10/31/18--09:27: _Re: Audio stopped w...
- 10/31/18--09:39: _Re: Audio stopped w...
- 10/31/18--09:43: _Re: Audio stopped w...
- 10/31/18--10:11: _Re: Audio stopped w...
- 10/31/18--10:43: _Re: Audio stopped w...
- 10/31/18--11:07: _Playing audio in to...
- 10/30/18--13:20: Re: BLUETOOTH CONNECTION
- 10/30/18--13:56: DTS sound+ no stereo sound only mono
- 10/30/18--14:48: Re: DTS sound+ no stereo sound only mono
- 10/30/18--16:35: Re: Static/Crackling from speakers when it's muted
- 10/30/18--16:44: Re: Static/Crackling from speakers when it's muted
- 10/30/18--17:05: Re: DTS sound+ no stereo sound only mono
- 10/30/18--17:51: No fix audio fault HP Envy Touchsmart 15
- 10/30/18--18:38: Re: Static/Crackling from speakers when it's muted
- 10/30/18--19:19: Re: Audio stops working intermittently
- 10/31/18--01:38: HP Probook 450 G5 Sound Card Conexant ISST
- 10/31/18--02:27: HP Pavilion x360 sound issue
- 10/31/18--07:28: HP webcam external microphone
- 10/31/18--09:26: Re: Static/Crackling from speakers when it's muted
- 10/31/18--09:26: No bass when using mini-jack
- 10/31/18--09:27: Re: Audio stopped working
- 10/31/18--09:39: Re: Audio stopped working
- 10/31/18--09:43: Re: Audio stopped working
- 10/31/18--10:11: Re: Audio stopped working
- 10/31/18--10:43: Re: Audio stopped working
- 10/31/18--11:07: Playing audio in to HP ProBook Pavilion 440 G3 Notebook
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)
As I understand, Bluetooth does not work on your notebook,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
When was the last time it worked fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes made?
What is the error message when you try to connect speakers or other devices to Bluetooth?
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: Click here
Step 2: Make sure the Bluetooth signal is on
Step 3: Remove any wireless interference
Step 4: Restart the device and computer
Step 5: Check the wireless communication settings
Step 6: Check for a Bluetooth driver update
Step 7: Uninstall the Bluetooth device, and then pair it
Let me know,
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!
I know that if you turn of sound enhancements you get stereo sound. so my question is, is there any way of getting stereo sound whit it on?
Your machine is a littlr bit old. Please try to download and install the following software
Thank you for your response. I took all of the steps that you recommended, and the problem has not been corrected. The crackling happened upon startup before signing in to any user profile, and it continued after logging into the new administrator account that I created.
Thanks for the response. It is great to hear from you. Then to eliminate hardware issues please reset windows to factory settings and check again if the issue gets corrected.
Please backup your important data and perform a reset from this link: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04742289
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. :)
for some reason it ses the headphone jack as an entirely different sound devise named headphone communication and the only way to get sound out of it is to manually switch to it besides non of the enhancements settings effects it but it dos have an effect on the built in speakers. oh and thanks for the help
My audio suddenly stopped one day. I had already been upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 for months before it happened. It started by only working for 10 to 20 seconds after restart, to nothing at all.
I have tried troubleshooting, which failed.
I've obviously checked the mute and volume, including default device.
I've re-installed audio drivers, changed to windows audio, downloaded from HP, tried alternative drivers, uninstalled and restarted etc...Assume I have done every driver attempt as I literally have been trying almost every day for over a month.
I've done a system reset back to fresh Windows 10.
I've used the virtual assistant and audio diagnostic on HP with no joy. That includes resetting the bios to default, finding updated bios settings, removing battery and draining power etc.
I've even done a full factory reset twice, so I am now back to Windows 8.1.
After factory reset the audio worked for maybe 5 minutes before developing the fault again. I hadn't done any updates before that happened, so the notebook was as though it was fresh out of the box.
Earphones do not work either, neither does connecting to a TV for HDMI out, which tells me that the problem probably isn't hardware related.
The only other bit of information I can add is that before the reset I would get an error warning when going into sounds and doing an audio test. Now after factory reset, if I am quick enough after restart I can maybe get one test tone before it stops playing audio. The test looks to be functioning still, but with no sound. The test does seem delayed though, and wont raise the level indicator for about 5 seconds after starting the test.
Please help as I am sick of being told to re-install audio drivers, as it does not work for me.
I just finished the factory reset. The laptop was crackling throughout the configuration and still now. What's my next step?
Does anyone have feedback on this?
Please advise, thanks.
Why HP Probook 450 G5 Sound Card Conexant ISST Audio, Driver 22.214.171.124 ( 14/05/2018)
show only these two sample rates, is this an harware or driver issue.
Last week i was watching netflix and the sound was running fine. Then it suddenly stopped working.
It seems that the B&O Control has stopped working. I have reinstalled and upgraded all drivers and by turning on the B&O control app manually, i am able to hear sound through headphones.
I was also able to hear sound through speakers - but it seems it was not being amplified properly and the output quality and volume was extremely pure.
This notebook is just about 2 months old, so i would expect a quick solution as the sound is one of the reasons i bought this.
I have an HP notebook running windows 8 with a built in webcam. I recently purchased an external microphone to use when making videos. The microphone works with the computer for voice recognition but when I make a webcam video there is no sound. Thanks!
Thanks for keeping us posted
I have sent you a private message with the next course of action
Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.
Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope
When playing any audio on my computer through the minijack output the audio has no bass. I have tried different cables and speakers with no luck.
When playing audio through blutooth this is no problem though.
I have been in touch with HP customer service, which where of no help. They suggested i deliver the laptop for service, which i want to avoid.
Have anyone else encountered this issue, and solved it?
Thaks for any help :)
Thank you but neither one of those worked 😔
To assist you further we will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop or printer???
PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS
The exact model and product number is included in the tags of my post
So I just used 14m-cd0000.
Try installing this then reboot.
That doesn't work either
I purchased what I think is a Pavilion 1511 (but the Serial Number suggests a ProBook 440 G3 Notebook) two years ago. I have only taken it out of the box this week.
The new HP Pavilion does not appear to have a hole on the side where I can attach an audio cable and play minidisk recordings into an audio editor to save, edit and store. There is, however, a headphones port to play audio out. Is there any way that I can adjust the settings to use the headphones port to "play in" rather than "play out?"
Your help would be much appreciated.