Articles on this Page
- 11/26/18--15:10: _No audio device ins...
- 11/26/18--16:08: _Probook 650 G1 low ...
- 11/26/18--16:11: _Re: Led mute button...
- 11/26/18--17:21: _Re: Probook 650 G1 ...
- 11/26/18--23:03: _Re: Headphone sound...
- 11/26/18--23:12: _Re: No sound coming...
- 11/27/18--00:29: _Activate Bluetooth ...
- 11/27/18--00:29: _Re: Speaker and hea...
- 11/27/18--00:51: _Re: No sound on TV ...
- 11/27/18--01:54: _Re: Speaker and hea...
- 11/27/18--03:04: _Re: HP Pavilion x36...
- 11/27/18--03:07: _Re: No sound on TV ...
- 11/27/18--03:22: _Re: VOLUME INCREASE...
- 11/27/18--03:30: _Re: No sound on TV ...
- 11/27/18--03:36: _Re: No sound on TV ...
- 11/27/18--03:49: _Re: No sound on TV ...
- 11/27/18--05:31: _Re: Headphone sound...
- 11/27/18--06:00: _Re: HP Pavilion x36...
- 11/27/18--06:57: _Re: No sound coming...
- 11/27/18--07:39: _Headphone jack on c...
- 11/26/18--15:10: No audio device installed
- 11/26/18--16:08: Probook 650 G1 low sound volume
- 11/26/18--16:11: Re: Led mute button not working
- 11/26/18--17:21: Re: Probook 650 G1 low sound volume
- 11/26/18--23:03: Re: Headphone sound starts after 2 seconds delay
- 11/26/18--23:12: Re: No sound coming from HP Envy x360
- 11/27/18--00:29: Activate Bluetooth and Pair Bose Headset
- 11/27/18--00:29: Re: Speaker and headphone playing sound at the same time
- 11/27/18--00:51: Re: No sound on TV with hdmi
- 11/27/18--01:54: Re: Speaker and headphone playing sound at the same time
- 11/27/18--03:07: Re: No sound on TV with hdmi
- 11/27/18--03:22: Re: VOLUME INCREASE BUT THE AUDIO STILL LOW
- 11/27/18--03:30: Re: No sound on TV with hdmi
- 11/27/18--03:36: Re: No sound on TV with hdmi
- 11/27/18--03:49: Re: No sound on TV with hdmi
- 11/27/18--05:31: Re: Headphone sound starts after 2 seconds delay
- 11/27/18--06:57: Re: No sound coming from HP Envy x360
- 11/27/18--07:39: Headphone jack on computer not working
I just bought a refurbished Elitebook 840 G1 with Windows 10. There is a red x on the sound icon, and it shows that "No Audio Output Device is Installed". In the Device Manager, under "Sound, video and game controllers", it only has "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC". I updated the driver, but it says there is no audio device. I'm trying to get sound and microphone to work. Please advise. Thanks!
I have very low audio, if there is any noise, I can't hear. I have updated the drivers, all it has is High Definition Audio, no Realtek or any other advanced sound. Is there anything that would help? I have enabled enhancements, and no help at all.
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues with the Led mute button on your HP notebook stopped working, Don't worry we're here to help you.
I would suggest you follow the instructions suggested from the previous post and do let me know how it goes for further assistance.
Eagerly waiting for your response!
Your notebook has the IDT HD audio chip, so the Realtek audio driver won't work.
The only suggestion I can offer would be to try this W10 IDT audio driver from a different model HP business notebook.
Restart the PC after installing the driver.
The above driver worked on my HP 350 G1 business notebook, which had the same issue as yours...generic HD audio driver with low sound.
When I installed the driver, it set the PC's headphones as the default, so I initially assumed it had no sound.
So, if the driver installs, and that happens to you too, go to the windows control panel>hardware and sound>sound>manage audio devices and set the PC speakers as the default.
I have a similar issue with my HP Spectre x360, when I wake up the laptop from sleep or log back in the bass sounds tiny. So I have to restart the laptop and in some cases by simply disconnecting helps. I am not sure whether mine is a driver issue or whether it is something else acting up. I know this has not much to do with the above question but I felt like it was the best related post to post it under.
However, as for the above question... is that like a recent issue or was it like that when you bought the device already? Also, have you tried it with different pair of earphones, headphones to see whether that is the only headset that it has an issue with. If you open the HP Support Assistan, it helps you find issues with the sound and it might not fix the issue for you but it will help you identify the issue.
I have the same problem on my HP Envy x360 Convertible 15 with the Realtek HD Audio Drivers. Out of the box, on-board speakers never worked. Headphones and Bluetooth work. I needed to send the machine back but never did because I was too busy using it. I don't have a solution yet, other than to use headphones and bluetooth.
I have tried, unsuccessfully, to activate the bluetooth feature of new Laptop, but I can't seem to find any of the settings to do this. Further, I don't understand how to Pair it. Any help would be grateful.
Hey @Asmita6658, thank a lot. The problem has been resolved.
I want to put the sound from the laptop on the TV
what's the echo?
Happy to hear that :) I truly appreciate your time and patience in getting this resolved.
If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.
Have a great day!
Thanks Asmita for your reply. But do I really need to recover the complete system to fix the internal speaker problem. This is somehow a lenghty process with all data loss. Also I need to spend a lot of time to install and configure the remaining softwares.
If there is no other solution than i will give it a try but I am affraid if new windows updates will screw it again after few days.
The other member has no clue as to what your issue is and does not have the same device that you do.
Sorry but i have a problem here when i saw in my Device manager there is no Step 3 as you suggested. ( i put the picture below)
So i cannot do any further action from here.
And here is the picture of what i have in my device manager (below)
So please help me.
it may be that this particular laptop model does not support audio via HDMI
I have already tried everything, except for returning to Windows 8 =)
They all support sound through the HDMI cable. Try reinstalling the graphics driver. Both video and sound pass through the cable.
After you reinstall it, check the sound settings and select your output device. If the driver is installed correctly and the HDMI cable is good, you should see your HD TV as a selectable option.
I installed the driver from the official site, installed the driver through the search for Windows 10 itself
Installed the driver of the old version. No sound
All this on the newly installed windows 10
The HDMI cable works, the sound from another laptop on this TV is on.
I do not understand what the problem is
i bought this laptop for about a week and this happened recently, haven't tried it yet with different earphones, but i ensure that's nothing wrong with my headphones as i tested it with my friend's laptop. i think the problem is with audio driver, but after i reinstall and update the driver, nothing has changed.
Thanks for replying. Let's try running the audio test on the computer -
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F2 once.
4) Go to Component test.
5) From the list, run the Audio test.
Let me know the outcome.
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
My computer is not detecting my headphones in the headphone jack. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, updtaing the drivers, and trouble shooting my audio but nothing has seemed to help. I have used these headphones with my computer fo r a long time and have had no problem until now. i connected my headphones to another computer and the worked just fine. What is worrying me is that when i was going to troubleshoot my audio, there was a line that said no jack information available. If someine could help me that would be great! Thank you so much.