Articles on this Page
- 11/02/16--14:27: _Re: Volume is very ...
- 11/02/16--15:54: _Re: No Audio on HDMI
- 11/02/16--16:07: _Re: No Audio on HDMI
- 11/02/16--16:32: _Help
- 11/02/16--16:37: _Re: No Audio on HDMI
- 11/02/16--20:49: _Re: No Beats audio ...
- 11/02/16--20:55: _Volume stays at MAX
- 11/03/16--08:04: _Re: No sound
- 11/03/16--01:56: _Re: No Beats audio ...
- 11/03/16--01:58: _Re: No Beats audio ...
- 11/03/16--02:01: _Re: No Beats audio ...
- 11/03/16--02:06: _Re: Help
- 11/03/16--02:07: _Re: No Beats audio ...
- 11/03/16--04:38: _Re: Volume stays at...
- 11/03/16--04:55: _Re: Beats audio is ...
- 11/03/16--10:19: _Re: No enhancement ...
- 11/03/16--10:38: _Re: Audio sync prob...
- 11/03/16--10:55: _Re: Liquid spill on...
- 11/03/16--15:43: _Re: Distorted audio...
- 11/03/16--16:57: _Re: Headphones do n...
- 11/02/16--14:27: Re: Volume is very low on my HP envy using windows 10
- 11/02/16--15:54: Re: No Audio on HDMI
- 11/02/16--16:07: Re: No Audio on HDMI
- 11/02/16--16:32: Help
- 11/02/16--16:37: Re: No Audio on HDMI
- 11/02/16--20:49: Re: No Beats audio after system restore.
- 11/02/16--20:55: Volume stays at MAX
- 11/03/16--08:04: Re: No sound
- 11/03/16--01:56: Re: No Beats audio after system restore.
- 11/03/16--01:58: Re: No Beats audio after system restore.
- 11/03/16--02:01: Re: No Beats audio after system restore.
- 11/03/16--02:06: Re: Help
- 11/03/16--02:07: Re: No Beats audio after system restore.
- 11/03/16--04:38: Re: Volume stays at MAX
- 11/03/16--04:55: Re: Beats audio is pure garbage and ruined this envy laptop
- 11/03/16--10:19: Re: No enhancement tab or option to change the default audio profile
- 11/03/16--10:38: Re: Audio sync problem on hp 250 g2
- 11/03/16--10:55: Re: Liquid spill on laptop now sound is gone
- 11/03/16--15:43: Re: Distorted audio from speakers/ headphones working fine
- 11/03/16--16:57: Re: Headphones do not work AT ALL
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out
As I understand the audio quality is lower than expected and need a solution as the issue persists on headphones as well.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong and thank you for the details)
I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue: Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS).
Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. For more steps, follow a similar post on the HP forums: click here
* Perform a hard reset
* Reset BIOS to defaults
* Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)
* Update the BIOS
* Reset your computer
* Perform an HP System Recovery
Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome!
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Sorry to say, still no audio on HDMI. Built in speakers work fine.
Oh - and just to make it more fun ... the video resoution of the HDMI is now stuck at 640x480, no other options are available. Could it be I now have the wrong HD driver loaded?
Hai i plug in my head phones and it comes through the headphones BUT it also come out through speakers and i tried setting the default and going into control panel. It still wont work can someone please help me with my problem? Please reply back as soon as possible if you are able to.
Thanks for performing the troubleshooting steps.
Please uninstall video and audio drivers from device manager and update the drivers from the link below.
Video driver link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45260.exe
Audio Driver Link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48830.exe
Let me kow if this works!
Have a great day!
i tried to update manually and i got this message
Hey, this is my first time on the forums, so i figured i could get help. I just downloaded the windows 10 Anniversary Update, The first thing that happened was my sound driver, my microphone, and my camera driver werent working properly. I did a hard reset on my computer and it fixed those issues for the most part. I have my microphone and my camera back. The sound plays now but that's where the problem lies. My volume won't go down. No matter what number I set my volume at, it still sounds like it's on 100 until i put it on 0, then everything mutes. The only thing that turns volume down is if im watching a video or in iTunes and i turn down the programs volume down. I have been through most of the sound options and I have done another reset. Not sure if this is a bug or a setting changed that I havent found. Any help is greatly appreciated.
My sound suddenly stopped working. There have never been any external speakers connected. I have tried literally every fix I could find. Please help! Thanks
My product details are:
Product name:HP Stream Notebook PC 13
Serial numberremoved content)
Total memory:2.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz
Devices listed in device manager under sound are:
High Definition Audio Device - this is listed twice
Jam Transit Headphone Hands-free
Jam Transit Headphone Stereo
I've just noticed that you list the current OS as Windows 8 - is this correct or actually 8.1?
It's 8.1 there's no option for it only Windows 8
Ok, if I think of anything else, I'll post back to this thread.
Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.
IId appreciate it, I bought this 2nd hand I'm trying to give you all the info I can think of when I did the recovery I downloaded a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 the pc didn't let me do a system restore by itself I think there a conflict with the pc that's why I wanted to do a restore delete everything and start over but I lost the beats app the pc works fine audio works for some reason I can't dim the display but other than that it works fine.
After upgrading to the anniversary edition the first thing I recommend is update your drivers and software via Windows Update and HP Support Assistant.
For some specific HP Models there can be difficulties with audio destortion after anniversary update. Please see the following support document to see if your model series is in the list and what intructions to follow.
HP 15-xxxxx, 15g-xxxxx and 15q-xxxxx Notebook PCs - Audio Is Distorted When Music or Videos Are Played
You can update the drivers for the sound devices and try after that.
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
2. Click System and Maintenance, click System, and then click Device Manager.
Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.
3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
4. In Device Manager, expland "Sound Video and Game controllers", right-click the "Sound Video and Game controllers" and go to properties.
5. Browse to the Update tab and then click on update driver.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
Why exactly was your response in private? I'm facing these same issues and I would like a solution. What are you hiding?
I understand that you have audio issues with your laptop.
Thanks for trying out few steps.
I found an article regarding audio issues with Pavilion x2 laptop.
The fix was to update BIOS,audio driver and graphics driver.
Please refer this article and update the following drivers and let me know if you still have issues.
If the above drivers do not solve the problem, please provide the product number of your laptop.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Thank you for posting on HP Forums, your issue with the Hp ProBook 250 g2 is classified as a commercial product (business line).
Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.
If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.
Click here for details.
Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.
It worked! Like 11$ U R the best thanx!!!!!
Try the Realtek HD Audio driver on the link below.
Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.
To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.
Audio port not working on the PC. Is that right?
Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.
I recommend you try the steps using the link below and check if that helps.
Hope this helps. Let me know for more.